There’s a hen in my bedroom
One of the problems with leaving the back door open at The White Cottage is the hens!
We had to leave the door open so the carpenter could get in to finish some little jobs off.
What we didn’t expect was to come back and find a hen in the bedroom.
I must admit, I would have been no wiser had Tom not gone to look for his Beast Quest book which he seemed to think was in the bottom off the wardrobe in his old room.
I was actually in the Kitchen putting a plug on the extractor fan when I heard him scream, “There’s a hen in my bedroom”
At 1st I didn’t believe him, but then, when I heard all the commotion that only a trapped hen can create, I knew he wasn’t telling porkies.
Rather than let the hen flap around the whole house I went in to the room and closed the door behind me – BIG Mistake – as anyone one who keeps hens knows, a solitary hen trapped in a bedroom is not the most placid of creatures.
The flapping got more flappening, the commotion more commotionable, the feathers started flying and I soon found myself edging back towards the door with my eyes never leaving the beasts eyes.
I got to the door just in time, opened it just enough to get out, and virtually fell through the opening just as it launched it’s attack.
Luckily I had the foresight to pull the door tightly shut as I was falling, had I not, God only knows what may have happened.
With my heart beating at about 140 beats to the minute and sweat pouring down my brow, I just sat there contemplating what to do next…
News at Hen
- How to Make Your Own Coronavirus Mask
- Taper on Self Employed Coronavirus Grant
- is moneysavingexpert forum down
- Are Hens to Blame for the Coronavirus
- The Lovely Eggs This Decision Video
- Who is Replacing Rachel Riley on Countdown
- Alcohol Consumption Calculator – Fit to Drive
- Why Are Chickens The Must Have Christmas Present of 2019
- The Turkey That Came For Christmas 2019
- There’s a hen in my bedroom
- Do you need planning permission for a Hen House
- Will Joe Grundy’s Pony Bartleby Carry Joe Grundy to the Graveyard in The Archers
- Ready Assembled Chicken Runs Hen Houses and Chicken Coops
- Hen Houses
- Self Assembled Chicken Runs Chicken Coops and Hen Houses
- Huega Pet Care Services
- Wheelchair Ramp for Hen House
- Storing Eggs in Wine Coolers
- Portable Dog Shower
- Hen Photos
- Mobile Hen Houses and Egg Mobiles
- Eradicating Pests From Hen Houses
- Happy Hens = Happy Children
- Can Hens Swim
- Where to Buy a Fake Billy Mask Billy Murphy The Young Offenders
- What’s the difference between a duck and a hen
- Top 10 Hen Jokes
- Where can I buy a French Hen or Where Can I Buy 3 French Hens
- Pet Hens For Sale
- Treats for Old Hens – Daytripping
- Keeping Hens as Pets
- Hens in Demand
- What happened to the Hens at Old Trafford
- Do hens riot and smash up their neighbourhoods ?
- The answer to lazy hens
- Most Eggs Laid By A Chicken In One Day
- Hens on the Web – Tiger in the Hen House
- Do Hens Bite : Warning These Hens Bite
- What Has Katie Done Now?
- Hens poaching increasing at an alarming rate – or is it?
- Bride to be reprimanded for taking live hen on hen night
- Get that duck out of my hen house
- Hen Shows to replace dog shows at village fetes
- They are not chickens madam they are hens
- 2017 Kilt Design of The Year Award Winner
- Boris Johnson
- Michael Gove
- Jeremy Corbyn
- Aston Villa
- Nadhim Zahawi
- Jurgen Klopp
- Welsh Flag
- Was the Fire at Royal Clarence Hotel Exeter caused by Polish Plumbers?
- Robinsons double concentrate squash 500ml
- Spot The V1 SEO Number Plate
- Scariest Halloween Video on YouTube
- Should MMA be banned from the BBC
- The Mad Museum Stratford Monopoly
- Kirsty Young 10 Years of Desert Island Discs 10th anniversary
- Warwickshire Rat Control Specialists
- Replica Colin Furze Safety Tie
- Susan Cain: The power of introverts
- Top 10 ways of testing how observant you are
- Turkey, Goose, Duck or Chicken for Christmas Dinner – The Pros and Cons
- How much honey does one bee hive produce in a year
- 6,000 Ducks Culled
- Garden Memorial Stones
- Walk in Chicken Runs
- Glis Glis
- Has Woman’s Hour coerced you into listening to the Archers again Ironic?
- Is it our duty to listen to the Rob Titchener Helen Archer Storyline in the Archers
- Should UFC be on the BBC MMA : UFC on BBC3
- Stopped Listening to the Archers until Rob Titchener leaves
- Pet Crab I had to get rid of it it was too shellfish
- Is this the most expensive hen house in the UK
- Download SA302 from HMRC
- Same Day Wasp Nest Removal Warwickshire
- The Dilemma of helping out at fetes shows etc.